Canadian Mortgage Calculator
Note: The results from this calculator should be used as an indication only. Results do not represent either quotes or pre-qualifications for a mortgage loan. Only a licensed Mortgage Broker/Specialist can tell you what you qualify for, and what your true payments will be. It is advised that you consult your financial advisor before taking out a loan.
Check out my business directory for all my most trusted Business professionals at
Calgary Mortgage Broker
Knowledge is key to everything in life, so here are my top 8 tips of advice, to anyone and everyone looking to purchase Real Estate. Check out my business directory for all my most trusted Mortgage professionals
1. Optimize your time, and start talking to Mortgage Broker’s and Mortgage Specialists right now! Stop dreaming for a moment and take action today! Trust me you will be ahead of the process if you do, and here is why. A Mortgage Broker can assist you in the qualifying process. They can give you tips and tricks that you will need to work on right now so that in 2,3,4,5,6 or more months away you will have enabled and positioned yourself to optimize and take advantage of your buying power.
Understanding how the banks see your credit, and assess your risk level to paying back the loan is information you will need in going forward. After talking with a Mortgage Broker you will know how much house you can afford, and all the potential costs associated with buying a piece of Real Estate. A good Mortgage Broker will get you qualified, but a great Mortgage Broker will educate you no matter how big or small your Real Estate portfolio.
2. By choosing to speak with a Mortgage broker first before looking at houses with your Realtor, you may be able to take advantage of a 90-120 rate guarantee. For example if you started looking at houses 3 months ago when (prime interest rates were at 3%) and today you are ready to buy, but (prime interest rates are 3.3%) than you will have lost out on getting a better rate which could have saved you thousands of dollars during your term. If interest rates are better than they were 3 months ago than even better. Your Mortgage broker should work hard to get you the best rate in either case, however don’t delay as you could lose out on a rate protection guarantee.
3. Not all Mortgage Brokers are the same so shop around and ask lots of questions, until you are satisfied with the quality of answers you are getting. It’s a lot of information but you can handle it!
4. A Mortgage Specialists works for the bank and specializes in their employer’s product. A Mortgage Broker works for you and shops around for the best rates for you. They know many products offered by the banks and other lenders working to get you the best rate possible.
5. Myth or fact? I’ve been banking with same bank for 20 years surely my bank will give me the best rate. This is a huge miss conception! I have seen countless times where clients do not get the best rate from their bank, and all too often once the client finds a better rate with a Mortgage Broker, and tells their bank only then will the bank meet the rate, and almost never beat it. I would suggest if a Mortgage Broker has done the work to get you the best rate, than show your appreciation and use their service. There is no out of pocket or additional expense to you whether you use a Mortgage Broker or Mortgage Specialist.
6. A pre approval is just a pre approval! Until you have been sent a mortgage commitment letter, and all conditions to that commitment have been satisfied you should not be waiving conditions!
7. At the end of the day everyone wants the best possible interest rate, but I like to suggest to my clients take the best rate that co exists with the best terms to suit your buying needs! You will need to spend some time on this one!
8. If you’re going to talk Mortgage specifics speak with Mortgage Brokers and Mortgage Specialists. (Talk to the experts!) Stop talking to the mechanic, the barber, or the neighbor down the road. I am sure they all have good and bad stories. Let me assure you and say this: Your needs and wants, qualifying process, market conditions, interest rates, vision, and purpose are going to be specific to you at the time you start this adventure. If someone you know recommends an expert then great! Get contact information, and let them share their experience. What I am trying to say is take advice from the experts in the field. Let your mechanic give you advice on your car, and your barber on your hair, and the neighbor about the neighborhood, and let the Mortgage experts talk to you about Mortgages. Being that I am a Realtor, I am done. Check out my business directory for all my most trusted Business professionals
Thanks, and be dilligent!